Simple Spicy Potato Wedges (No Oil)
If you know me, you know I love potatoes. And I cringe everytime I hear someone say...
"I'm going on a diet, I can't eat potatoes"
Not only are potatoes super nutritious, full of vitamins and minerals AND really cheap and filling
We have also consumed them for a very LOOOOOONG time.
In fact starch and grains have been found fossilized in early neanderthal teeth!
And, in the 1800's in Ireland when there was a shortage of potatoes, due to a disease wiping out the crops, over 1 million people died from malnutrition and related diseases because they weren't able to access potatoes!
Potatoes are the OG superfood.
The problem with modern potatoes is we deep fry them in fat, slather them in sugary or fatty sauces, cover them in artificial flavours and then consume them.
That's why I am bringing healthy, easy, delicious spuds back!!
These ones were oil free, delicious and super simple to make.
I hope you enjoy them.
Simple Spicy Potato Wedges (No Oil & WFPB) (1 serve)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp cayenne pepper (can do more or less depending on your desired heat)
1/2 tsp sweet paprika
pinch of himalayan pink salt
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees celsius.
- Wash and scrub potatoes.
- Cut into even 'wedge' shapes and put in a plastic container.
- Add in your herbs and spices.
- Put on your lid and shake well.
- Add all potatoes to a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Cook for between 20 - 40 minutes until crispy.
- Serve with your condiment of choice. I used sweet chili, but you could also make some guacamole or salsa!
There you have it, super simple and easy potato wedges that are also healthy too!
Check out the video here on how to make them
Download Your FREE Copy of How To Transition To A Plant Based Diet!
(enter your details below)