Healthy(ish) Vegan Brownies
I had been getting a lot of requests for healthy(ish) dessert recipes in the lead in to Christmas.
So I decided to make a naughty and nice version of this vegan brownie recipe.
Vegan Brownies (1 serve)
1/5 cup of black beans (rinsed and drained)
1/4 Tbs Flax egg
1/4 Tbs almond butter
3/4 Tbs cacao powder
1/8 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp coconut sugar
1/8 tsp baking powder
Pinch of sea salt
**OPTIONAL for naughty version 1 tsp Vego spread
- Preheat oven for to 180 degrees celsius.
- Make up your flax egg by combining water and flax meal in a blender (or blend up flaxseeds to make your own flax meal like I did).
- Add in all ingredients to food processor (except pecans) and blend til thick and smooth. If you need to add extra water do, but add it slowly, you don't want it too runny. The mixture should still be thick and creamy.
- Put the batter into a your moulds and sprinkle the pecans on top.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until you can stick a toothpick in and it comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before trying to remove from your silicone mould.
Here is the demonstration for you to enjoy...
Hope you love this recipe, if you try it let me know in the comments below!
Download Your FREE Copy of How To Transition To A Plant Based Diet!
(enter your details below)