Happy Hormones – How To Help Your Hormones For Clear Skin
When your diet is out of whack it can be easy for your skin & hormones to get out of whack too.
Too much extra oil, salt, sugar, additives and preservatives can leave you with acne and pimples.
Long gone are the days where people didn’t link what you ate to having skin conditions.
Our skin is our biggest detoxification organ, and if we have turmoil inside this can show on our skin through pimples, acne, eczema, rashes, etc.
If you are looking at a vegan diet to help with these issues it is important that you look at things holistically.
There are plenty of people who go vegan who end up terrible skin conditions.
This is because veganism isn’t a diet, and it isn’t necessarily ‘healthy’.
But if you do want some of the amazing health benefits, including clear skin, here are some of my top tips for a healthy vegan diet & lifestyle.
- Eat whole food plant based. Eat as many foods in their most state as possible. My Transition program literally has weeks of recipes to help you with this.
- Drink plenty of filtered water. Approximately three litres per day is a good amount.
- Avoid processed and packaged foods, along with refined oils and added sugar.
- Avoid alcohol.
- Practice intermittent fasting. This will allow your digestion some rest and reset time. If you need help with IF, my 28 Day Vegan Shred program will help you out in more detail with how you can incorporate intermittent fasting into your lifestyle.
- Exercise or do some activity, approximately 30 mins per day is a good amount to start with. It can be a walk, gym session, netball or even running around the park with the kids. Even some vigorous vacuuming and mopping can be enough to get your heart rate up and get a sweat on.
- Use good quality organic and natural skincare. I recommend Rawkanvas (www.rawkanvas.com) & my babes get 10% off their order if you use the code AMANDAFISHER10 at the check out. Trust me Rawkavas products smell divine and leave your skin feeling amazing.
- Use good quality natural make up. I recommend Glam Affair (https://glamaffair.com.au) & my babes get 10% off their orders using the code AMANDAF at the check out! I love the coverage you get with Glam Affair without having to wear heavy, clogging cosmetics.
- Exfoliate & use dry brushing techniques on your body to help with lymphatic drainage & circulation.
- Minimise stress, get out in nature when possible and meditate/breathe for a few minutes per day.
Good skin starts with the gut and the right homeostasis in your body. I suffered from terrible acne too before I ditched dairy and started cleaning up my lifestyle.
I used to use all kinds of over excessive cleansers on my skin, but they never really worked and they were really painful.
Now, I will only have a breakout if I go too hard on the vego bars and vegan pizza lol!
Work on healing yourself from the inside out and your skin will start to glow!
P.S. One really easy way you can help your skin and hormones is to have my Happy Hormone Smoothie for breakfast or as a snack.
This recipe is taken from my Smoothie Reset recipe book (with bonus smoothie cleanse meal plan). You can find out more about that by CLICKING HERE.
Not only does it help with your hormones and help your skin glow from the inside out, it actually tastes freaking amazing!
2 Medjool Dates
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Maca
1 tsp peanut or almond butter
2 frozen bananas (freeze for at least 4 hours)
250ml coconut water
125ml coconut milk
1/2 scoop Prana On protein powder in Himalayan Salted Caramel (could use Vanilla or their Coconut Milk flavours too)
1 tsp Black Strap Molasses
- Add all ingredients to a blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve ice cold for a decadent and delicious smoothie!
Download Your FREE Copy of How To Transition To A Plant Based Diet!
(enter your details below)